State Street Global Advisors is looking for a highly skilled Senior Application Architect with 12+ years’ experience to join our Front Office Technology Team, a part of Application Technology Solution. The candidate will play a key role in designing and optimizing software applications, providing innovative solutions and co-ordinate work effort with other teams. The candidate will work closely with application development, database architecture and Infrastructure teams. The position is located in Boston, MA.
Due to the role requirements his job needs to be performed primarily in the office with some flex opportunities available
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the largest asset managers in the world. We partner with many of the world’s largest, most sophisticated investors and financial intermediaries to help them reach their goals through a rigorous, research-driven investment process. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Application Architect you will
- Lead the design and development of scalable and robust software application architecture, ensuring alignment with business goals and industry best practices.
- Design, implement, and manage AWS Cloud architecture, focusing on scalability, security and cost efficiency.
- Implement containerized solutions using Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Collaborate with development teams to integrate AI and machine learning technologies into our applications, enhancing user experience and driving innovation.
- Architect and oversee the development of web applications using ReactJS and other modern web technologies, optimizing for user experience and performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define technical requirements, resolve architectural issues, and ensure successful project execution.
- Create and maintain comprehensive architectural and design documentation, ensuring that all technical solutions are well-documented.
- Monitor and optimize application performance, ensuring scalability as user demands grow.
- Stay current with emerging technologies and industry trends, providing recommendations for adopting new tools and technologies to improve our technology stack.
- Communicate with all parties involved including senior management, developers, architects, and end users, who may be based in different locations and time zones
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Demonstrated experience in Core Java / J2EE technologies such as concurrency, JDBC, Spring, Hibernate etc., and Python programming languages.
- Strong expertise in AWS Cloud architecture, including EC2, S3, RDS, LAMBDA etc.
- Extensive expertise in web technologies particularly React JS and related frameworks.
- Proficiency in messaging frameworks including Kafka, JMS, MQ, and Active MQ
- Experience with data modeling and database development including SQL and NoSQL databases
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Microservices architecture, Docker and Kubernetes
- Development and build tools (GIT, Jenkins, Maven, etc.)
- Knowledge of Front, Middle and back-office functions and applications
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle for Iterative, Agile, and traditional approaches
- Experience with release management and an understanding of architectural schematics
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 12+ years of experience required
- Relevant certifications i.e. AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Experience in Financial Services, Portfolio management highly preferred
- Experience working with remote offshore teams based in India or China would be helpful
- Experience with vendor integrations a plus
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
$110,000 – $185,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.